Are you getting windows 10 update error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 while upgrading, updating or installing Windows 10? This article will answer your entire question about windows error 0xC1900101 – 0x20017. By reading this article not only you will be able to fix this problem yourself but also update to windows 10 without having any problems.
A driver has caused an illegal operation. Windows was not able to migrate the driver, resulting in a rollback of the operating system. This is a safeOS boot failure, typically caused by drivers or non-Microsoft disk encryption software.
The above line says that there are some problems with one of the installed driver. Windows is unable to load the driver which is essential in windows 10 update or installation. But you don’t worry because there is some tweaks are there that may help you a lot to fix 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 error.
Here, I have mentioned some tweaks that you need to set on your windows. After completing operation you will be able to install or update windows 10.
- Create a System Restore Point: Before performing any operations with system settings you must create system restore point so that you could restore it if any accident happens.
- Detach unnecessary hardware: You must remove unnecessary hardware and devices like camera, usb drive, Bluetooth, network drivers etc.
- Remove unnecessary drivers: You must find and remove unnecessary drivers. Drivers are the main cause behind 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 errors. So, separating these drivers may decrease chances of error messages. Most of the time this techniques fix the problem completely because faulty drivers gone.
- Update Drivers: This is one of the most important tweak that you need to complete. Go to device manager > find device driver > Right click on it > Update Drivers. After updating driver you will be able to update, upgrade or install windows 10.
- Better to switch Safe Mode: It is better idea to switch user to safe mode. Booting PC in Safe Mode loads only essential drives so most probably you will not get any difficulties.
- Clean Registry Bugs: You cannot move forward without fixing registry file bugs. It is nearly impossible to find and fix registry bugs manually so you must use Advanced System Repair Tool to clean registry bugs.
Bottom of the Line
Another option is to fix 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 error using Advanced System Repair Tool. This tool is awesome and works greatly. It scans entire PC quickly and lists all the bugs like outdated drivers, registry bugs, virus/malware/Trojan attacks, problem in system files etc. After that it gives you a single Fix All button to fix all the PC problems in minutes. After tweaking completely with Advanced System Repair Tool you will be able to install/Update/Upgrade windows 10 without facing 0xC1900101 – 0x20017 error message.