This error is the general error appears in the Windows operating System. It occurs when a user try to installing updates from Windows update website or Microsoft Windows website. As a user when working with a Computer he or she may face different type of error code which is shown on the System screen. Basically some of the error can avoid if the user has to be alert by the proper maintains of the Computer. Careless use of a Computer becomes to creation of certain error. So a user have to primarily proper maintains of a System is necessary. If you are getting error message 0x8007F0F4 you have to resolve Windows 0x8007F0F4 error immediately.
Symptoms of this Windows update error code0x8007F0F4
This Windows update error occurs when you try to installing updates from the Windows Update website or you have update from Microsoft update website, you receive the error code-
Many Reason to occurring this Update error?
- If the requirement update is not installed in your Computer.
- The update installation program searches the update from your Computer if there is any incorrect inside the Operating System.
- If your laptop is running on battery power and you trying to update at that time this error occurs.
Solution of 0x8007F0F4 error –
- If you are trying to update which is running on battery power you can temporarily connect the portable Computer to an AC power supply, and after that you can try to install the update.
- If the update installation finds something incorrect inside the System like the update may be previously installed or if the update is older than the currently installed or it may be the update is incompatible with your PC. You have to visit Microsoft website http://microsoftupdate.com and immediately scan for updates when finished click on Custom on the Welcome to Microsoft Update page.
In the navigation page click on Hardware, optional You can get available update in the list of Select Optional Hardware update pages. Search the hardware driver which is error and click the name of the update and then click to enable don’t show this update again checkbox.Click on Review and install updates and if the verify hardware is not present then Install Update.
To check a log file which is created during the update follow the steps-
Click on Start and All programs and then Click on Windows update then on the Windows update website click Review your update history. In the status column if you find update failed Click on Start and in the Run command type notepad and then click ok. To resolve Windows 0x8007F0F4 open note pad and write
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
From the notepad file menu Click on Save AS to save on the desktop and save the name by LoggingOn.reg. Now from the desktop double click to open the LoggingOn.reg files to add the registry key to Windows registry.
When you will see a dialog box that indicates installation successful then click on OK. And try to install the update. Delete the note pad file LoggingOn.reg from the desktop.