The windows xp update error is very critical issue in computer. Windows xp is very successful operating system of windows. Till now windows xp operating system is demandable. In many offices, railways, banks this operating system is used. So update is required in xp. But sometimes it occurs error while updating windows xp. This is very critical situation for you. When you want to update windows xp and it fails. There are so many reasons of this error that is explained in the below paragraph.
How this error occurs
There are so many error codes within this error. So there are so many reasons of this error. May be this error occurs due to common problem just like internet problem, network problem, connectivity problem etc. if these are not the problem then it may be occurs due to corruption or damage of system files, dll files. The corruption is possible due to attacking of malwares, viruses or browser hijacking. These are the main reasons of occurring windows xp update error. But the main reason of occurring this error is missing dll files. The solution of windows xp update error is given in the below paragraph read the process carefully and solve your error.
Solution of windows xp updates error
The process that is given in this article is not easy but I have been tried to written in easy steps. I think you are able to do this process.
- Copy the following given dll in notepad and save them as batch file that means with .bat extension.
- After saving the file double click on it to register the dll.
- Restart the windows update and automatic service. Stop the Cryptographic Service from the following process.
- Go to start and then type Services.msc in the search box and then press enter. After opening this program locate Cryptographic Service and stop this service from general tab.
- Delete the folder \Windows\System32\Catroot2
- Restart the Cryptographic Service from the following given steps.
- Go to start and then type regedit in run window and then locate the following path.
- Double click on start.
- Create another batch file and paste the following dll commands.
- Double click on this batch file and then start windows update.
regsvr32 /s Softpub.dll
regsvr32 /s Mssip32.dll
regsvr32 /s Initpki.dll
You can also use Advanced System Repair Tool if you are not able to do this process. This tool fixes all the dll files of your system. This software removes the windows xp update error.